Sunday, February 27, 2011

We take this pretty seriously.


I missed the opportunity to blog about the all-important holiday of the year. We, like many of you, celebrate Christmas by re-enacting the nativity. We take this pretty seriously. 
I am the natural director in this family. I was a drama major in college. This has proved to be a wise decision. 
If you have ever tried to put on a 
nativity performance and/or had children. 
You understand.
The drama of it all....
Caleb did not want to be the Angel. He knew he was wearing one of Ellie's dress-ups. With time he really seemed to settle-down & understand the importance of his role as the Angel. 
Thank you son

Joseph supported Mary by reminding her that the Christ-child came into the world under less than perfect circumstances, Joseph- thanks for providing me with 
perspective when I was in labor.
Isaac thank you for being the proof that years of practice can result in a perfectly natural performance. Even your  beard proved to be a valuable asset.
By the end of this harrowing rewarding 10 minutes, 
the results were pretty much as I had hoped.



6 comments:

Ike said...

See? There was justifiable cause for my beard. Caleb is a gangster angel; I bet they have those in Cincinnati. :)

Amy said...

Can't comment. Too busy laughing. Be back soon.

Anonymous said...

hahaha laughing so hard!!

Jen said...

OHHH that last picture says it all! hilarious and well documented in picture form!!!

JP Anderson said...

Have you guys put this on tape by chance? If not, you should for next year. If so, where's the video?

Terri said...

That should have been a black and white melodrama. Kenz could have tottled by with a top hat and a cane in the end. What a valient effort. Remiond them that if there was more family someone would have to be a camel.