Friday, February 25, 2011

I Offer You My Photography Tips

Always work for a good shot. Sometimes you will need to use a hidden camera or even risk damage to your equipment. But the end result is so worth it.

Always try to show the subjects personality by taking pictures that highlight their many talents
Tell a story by capturing family similarities

Important milestones should never be missed

Be "camera ready" so that you never miss an important moment.

When taking fashion shots be sure to photograph at every angle.

Everyone should be well represented. 
Remember- you should only be wearing white 
and at the center of attention if you are the bride

If you choose to pursue photo-journalism- be prepared to run.

Never put your subject in harm's way

If you see something rare- capture it!




Personal objects say more than you may realize 
and will serve as a great reminder 
of something you loved.

Some people are more naturally photogenic. Others will need patience and encouragement


Sometimes the best picture will be the one you didn't take

11 comments:

Unknown said...

One of your best ever - and that's saying something!

Now about that green outfit...

Ike said...

Those pants are so.....wow.

Amy said...

Loved this one!!!! Great tips Ging. You rock.

Em said...

Oh I love this post too. Very important scenes you've captured so well. :)

Jen said...

What the world is he wearing - no doubt one of your ebay finds that you were going to sell at some point! OHHHHH my!

Kelly Hill said...

Not a lover of the green overalls.

Great post, Ginger!!

JP Anderson said...

I loved it! Couldn't stop smiling through the entire post.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, funny funny. Your tips are inspiring and hilarious. Now about those overalls...

Britney said...

Can I PLEASE borrow those overalls for St. Patrick's day, please?! :)

megvarg said...

Carolynn makes me laugh so hard!!! We need to see more of that weekend. Great memories. Funny post Ginger! Wish I were half that creative.

Carolynn and Corby said...

I'm trying to decide if I will speak to you again after posting that photo of me! But seriously, those photos are worth a lot of money and I expect to paid if they are published.