Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First day- Finally!

Today was Ellie's first day of pre-school.She has been trying to get to school for two years. She puts her backpack on and heads to the car on Cal's first day every year. "When will it be my turn?" She has asked and counted and begged and dreamed. Finally today a little wish came true. She is now officially a "Cave-kid". We took the traditional "first day" picture on the front sidewalk. She looks good in a backpack.
We made her back-to-school poster. When I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up she said," I want to be a princess, or a big sister, oh, or a dancer." We put her on the poster as a dancer (who acts like a princess and wishes she were a big sister)
We got there early. Someone was pushing me out the door. We had to wait almost 15 minutes for anyone else to show up. Then they put a name-tag on her and she posed with her poster- for everyone.
They put her on "the rope" and off they went. Do you think she will miss me? I will miss her..., but only for 3 hours twice a week. (I can totally handle this)
What happened to my baby? When did she get this big?


8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO awesome! What a great picture with that mile-wide smile! Too bad preschool isn't a five day a week deal...

Amy said...

So cute! I'm so glad she's going. She looks thrilled, and so big in her backpack.

Jen said...

Oh that cute girl! Z-man started preschool last Thursday - I'm gonna blog that soon! So fun for our kiddos! Love you

Molly Thorne said...

Pre-school! Bailey wants to go so bad but we can't find a place that is in our budget to send her. Oh well, I guess I'll be the teacher since I pretty much sit on the couch the sum of the day.

KimnSam said...

Today was also Elle's first day, she too has wanted to go for the past couple of years! When is your Ellie's b-day? She is SO CUTE!

Em said...

I love that grin while she's headed down the rope with her new friends!
I remember going to kindergarten and loving it, and a mother who tried to convince me that I was too little for school. :)

shawn rowley said...

congratulations and condolences.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that painting, especially with Ellie's head on it! This post makes me wish I was back in high school just so I could see that little girlie every Tuesday and Thursday. Can't do that in Iderho...
:(