
About 5 months ago our bishop asked me if I would mind taking medicine to an elderly sister in our ward, Lillian. She is suffering from memory loss and confusion among others. I thought I was saying yes to a favor until her daughter called and insisted that she would only let me do this if she paid me. She sent me a check in advance. The same day the check arrived we had a bill due in the exact amount it was made our for. Saturday I helped her pack for a trip to Las Vegas to see her daughters. She has been doing poorly. I wondered if I would see her again as I tucked her into her seatbelt and kissed her on the cheek. In the meantime.... My neighbor asked me if I could take her grand-daughter Jocelyn on Wednesdays, while she and her husband are at the M.T.C. Again, I was thinking favor. When I told her I could do it I found out I was going to be paid. Today Lillian's daughter told me she wouldn't be coming back. I was on the phone with her as Jocelyn arrived to be cared for. Coincidence? The Lord's timing is in everything when we don't get in his way. Those things over which I have no control tend to work-out much better than the ones I do. I am working on being wiser and more patient with time and timing. In the meantime, I think I will trust the Lord. He can see everything, even the seemingly trivial needs of a little family who has struggled along this year.
4 comments:
I wonder how often we have "timing coincidences" and we don't even know it because we think we are not in need. I couldn't even think of all the "t.c.'s" I've had IN time of need. I feel the most loved when they happen in my life.
isn't nice to feel the hand of God on your shoulder...
Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God?
I love these words of Mormon and the reminder that we cannot fall beyond His reach.
Beautiful post. I too have seen the Lord's timing in my own life.
Post a Comment