Monday, April 5, 2010

Hope



After such a rich and fulfilling weekend my heart is overflowing with thoughts and feelings. Have you felt the refining? I have and I am glad for it. The time in which we live and the experiences that are very personally mine have been teaching me something powerful. I am being taught to hope. This hope does not come out of the whimsy of a daydream or the simple-minded thought that I deserve better. It does not arise out of the idea that the difficulties I face should end soon, because I have had my share. Or even the belief that I can work my way through this. This is a hope that comes from believing the Lord. He can see the beginning from the end and will do for me more than I can do for myself. I no longer have a strict idea of how the outcome should be. I have a vision of what I would like and I am asking him to make it better. As Sister Beck reminded us in conference, "It is possible to feel 'bathed in help' "by personal revelation. Conference and Easter are a perfect pair. One teaches us to hope and the other is the only reason why we can.


Below are a few photos of Easter fun. McKenzie should be in these, but asked me to take her picture later. I actually listened and so I have none.

Dying Eggs


Egg Hunt: This year the bunny put money and robin eggs inside. Only one kind of candy and lots of change. Everyone is very happy.

Last weekend we went to Cedar Hills for the city Easter Egg Hunt. Jenny was in town so she and Amy came over with their children too. Although there were thousands of eggs I explained to the kids that they would go very fast. There were a few who did not believe me. If you look closely at the group photo you will see which children were stunned by how few eggs they actually collected. Please Click on the photo


5 comments:

Unknown said...

There is indeed much to be hopeful for and about - including hoping spring will arrive before the 4th of July. Just a thought...

Jen said...

OHHH that was a great post Ging! I'm using your quote! I might even stitch it on a pillow - I love it that much! Cute pics!

Amy said...

Beautiful words Ging.

ibshell said...

You always say things so well! What a beautiful way to put it. Amen. ;-)

Debbie said...

At least they didn't have to shovel through snow to find the eggs... :) LOVE your pictures!