This morning while fixing her hair:
Ellie: "Mom. If you put a rubber-band in your mouth what will happen?"
(Writer's commentary break. Ellie already has been told a gagillion times not to do this, but she has seen me put rubber-bands in my mouth when I am fixing her hair & she is the child who would put a rubber band in her mouth. I use scare tactics without shame)
Me: "You might choke"
Ellie: "Yeah, and then I would go to sleep."
Me: "No you wouldn't go to sleep, but you might stop breathing and then you could die."
Ellie: "Jesus died"
Me: "Yes, but he didn't choke on a rubber-band."
Ellie: "Yeah, Jesus knows how to eat good food."
Once when doing the laundry Ellie asked me what a certain article of clothing was. I explained that it was for women. She concluded that this meant that the article itself was in-fact called "A Woman" and that you wear it on "your Womans" Sunday I took the kids over to the young-adult ward to hear their Dad speak. We sat next to McKenzie. In the middle of his talk Ellie exclaimed "Your womans are HUGE!" I consoled my eldest daughter by telling her that no one else knows what Ellie means. Until now. Sorry.
This one really isn't a conversation, just a phrase worth repeating. Caleb has read the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series countless times. Ellie refers to it as "Diarrhea of a Wumpy Kid" Now that's a kid you can really feel sorry for.
10 comments:
Jared just turned around to see why Paigey and I were laughing so hard that I was crying! These are some of the greatest conversations! I too hold rubberbands in my mouth when I do hair. Loved this post!
This post had me laughing out loud! Children are so funny!
LOL, what a crack up. I'm so glad you posted this. What a cutie pie.
HAHAHA those are all hilarious stories!
I love them and I am glad you wrote them. you will cherish those forever, what a blessing she is.
You added some wasabi to your Ginger when you got that one. She is good for you. LUCKY BUG
I'm glad you posted this, it reminds me to record the little things they say! How precious. Thank you for sharing!!!
highly hilarious!!
FANTASTIC quotable quotes!!! Her Logic is undeniable! That Wumpy kid, that reminds me of what show Amy's kids used to ask for. "Man Mustard!" i believe that was Math Monsters?? hahaha
That's so cute, I love the conclusions kids come up with, they're the best. We've also had the same confusion around our house about the "diary" of a wimpy kid..
Post a Comment