Friday, November 6, 2009

My dog can beat up your...


I took Griff for a walk last night. About 7 blocks worth. Boy is it a lot of work for him these days. Somewhere around the 4th block we passed a cat. I heard the tinkling of his little bell as he suddenly emerged onto the sidewalk in a quick trot behind us. "Surely this cat is not following my dog?" I thought. Yes, he was. And as it turns out, he became more foolish the further we walked. Getting closer and even more frisky than a cat should rightly be. I was smiling, giggling and thinking what you're thinking "What is wrong with this cat?" I decided to just turn Griff around to realign the cat's sensibility. Up to this point he hadn't given the cat a second thought. Griff turned as led but still really didn't bother to show the least bit of interest. On the other hand the cat hissed, arched it's a back and put on quite a show. Quite a show for a "stalking cat". I was suddenly taken back to 4th grade and that annoying kid who would kick me all the time just to get my attention. When I finally kicked back, he cried. I really had no need for that boy.
Back to the cat... I was full-out laughing by the time he hid behind a rose bush when I looked back to see if he was really still there. I assume he was trying to be more covert? He doesn't know how the bell around his neck works, or so it would seem. About a block from home he disappeared. I can only assume someone walked by with a Mastiff.

6 comments:

JP Anderson said...

LOL! Cats are evil. I've known of a few cats like that. They're egging on the dog because they know their (the dog's) limits. I actually have footage of that with Doug and Cookie. You were alot nicer to that cat than I would have been.

Unknown said...

Maybe Griff couldn't see or hear him...

Melissa said...

Cute dog... We would love to have you come and visit DC and zip up to New York if you like!

You are welcome any time...

Em said...

haha! Cats. such strange little beasties. Ever seen this video? I feel like it does a good job talking about cats...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXBL6bzAR4

Terri said...

I had that seem thing happen with a cha ho a ho as Shawn calls them. He followed me as we walked Sam and then acted like a tough ombrey when Sam saw him all 2.5 lbs of him gonna kick some trash. Apparently our dogs are lovers not fighters.

gabby said...

haha i luv it