
To my Dad whom I adore, admire and love . Thank you for your patience with me through all of those "Daddy- Daughter Days". I know listening to a little girl talk for hours, without pause, shows great love and refrain. Two things I admire the most about you. I hope you know I always thought I was the smartest person because I chose to be with you when hauling manure or putting insulation under the house. And you chose to let me. Because that's the kind of man you are. I love you Dad!!

To my Father- In Law. How grateful I am that you are the kind of man that could raise good men. My husband is a testament to your goodness and thoughtfulness. I was blessed in life to have two Dads who are my friends. You've listened when I had little to say worth listening to and have always given good advice. You are invested in what matters most. That's the kind of man you are. Thank you Dad

To my sweetheart. After 22 years I am still fumbling around in my heart to find the words . You already know that I married a man who would treat me with the same love that I felt from my own father. You have supplied our family with the type of love that emulates the Savior. Remember last year when we hiked the Sundance trail? Ellie fell asleep and you carried her relaxed and heavy little body for miles. That's the kind of man you are. Always carrying others. You have been very patient with the return on your 10 cows. I am still striving to be equal.
I adore you!!
I know how much you have loved our Griffy and so I commissioned my ultra-talented sister Emily to paint you his picture. It is somewhere between here and Georgia- but here is a sneak peek. Doesn't it take your breath away?

5 comments:
WOW!!!! What a wonderful Father's Day surprise! I too am very grateful for our two very special and supportive dads...
And Emily...you nailed it! What a wonderful painting of a special friend...thank you!
Most of all, to my Ging...you are magic-squared! Love you 4ever!
That was a great post Ging! Wow that painting is absolutely amazing EM! Truly you are sooo talented! Yowzer!
How great Ginger, I loved reading that post. You've been so blessed to have such amazing preisthood holders in your life! I love the pictures too and that's such a cool painting!
That was a very well spoken and tender tribute. Neat surprise Griffy is smiling right.
so cool all around... well done to all.
Post a Comment