Finally!! Caleb has been waiting to loose his first tooth all year. Many of his friends lost theirs in kindergarten. His first grade teacher, Mrs. Hutchinson even had a lost tooth club. The last day of school was Friday. This morning(actually just minutes ago) he finally lost his first tooth. He is happy. Ellie is wondering when hers will fall out. And I am relieved. The permanent replacements came in weeks ago, causing him to have extra teeth. In the wrong place. We had the same experience with McKenzie, our first braces wearer. Our last hopes have been pinned on this boy. Ellie's dentist told us she would need braces the first time he saw her. Downer. We all know that Isaac's mission papers were delayed by over a year. He was suddenly growing faster than his jaw, at 18....! Neither Scott nor I wore braces. Apparently mother nature thought it was time for us to get our come up'ins. It's still not too late for me to go to dental school. Perhaps by the time my next child needs braces (oh please let it be Ellie) I will be ready to save us from bankruptcy. For now I guess we'll rely on the Tooth Fairy to save us from financial destruction. I think we could be in trouble.
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
June 2, 11:48 a.m.
Finally!! Caleb has been waiting to loose his first tooth all year. Many of his friends lost theirs in kindergarten. His first grade teacher, Mrs. Hutchinson even had a lost tooth club. The last day of school was Friday. This morning(actually just minutes ago) he finally lost his first tooth. He is happy. Ellie is wondering when hers will fall out. And I am relieved. The permanent replacements came in weeks ago, causing him to have extra teeth. In the wrong place. We had the same experience with McKenzie, our first braces wearer. Our last hopes have been pinned on this boy. Ellie's dentist told us she would need braces the first time he saw her. Downer. We all know that Isaac's mission papers were delayed by over a year. He was suddenly growing faster than his jaw, at 18....! Neither Scott nor I wore braces. Apparently mother nature thought it was time for us to get our come up'ins. It's still not too late for me to go to dental school. Perhaps by the time my next child needs braces (oh please let it be Ellie) I will be ready to save us from bankruptcy. For now I guess we'll rely on the Tooth Fairy to save us from financial destruction. I think we could be in trouble.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Perhaps you could hold on to those teeth and then sell them when your children are finally recognized by Oprah as "kid geniuses". Or maybe with some persuasion you could convince Caleb to be an orthodontist and as a "kid genius" he could fix his and Ellie's teeth in the next 5-10 years. If that fails I have an old retainer you can borrow.
Yeah for Cal! Your wiggling paid off!
Oh, dont get me started on the braces/bad teeth fiasco. The first time I went to the dentist (12 i think?) they were pretty excited about when I'd be getting braces. Sniffle. I hope your kiddies grow out of it. Teeth are such a bugger.
Post a Comment