Thursday, February 5, 2009

Peep, Toot & Puddle



I know- this sounds like a blog from my brother in-law Kent or perhaps a really bad case of gastroenteritis. It could be, considering the month I just had! Take my word for it though these can be discussed at the dinner table (and often are.) If you are not in the know when it comes to childrens' programing-Toot & Puddle is about two great friends who happen to be very well traveled, great-mannered pigs. It is based on the popular childrens books. It is Ellie's absolute favorite! And Peep is about a chick (the barnyard variety) named Peep, a robin named Chirp and a blue duck who always wears a sailor hat, named Quack. Caleb laughs more when watching this show then at any other moment in the day. He says he is Quack and it is worth watching just to get a glimpse at his personality- because it is a very self-observant comparison. This one has the simplest animation with high impact results. They are both shows, quite enchanting and full of learning moments. I often find myself engrossed in watching them when I should be vacuuming or... somethin'.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yet additional proof that the Chinese have taken over! A four-old that knows how to run the Tivo!

shawn rowley said...

we have come far

i remember when i would express my personality through the world of "cookie monster" and big bird.
and that was about all there was, and in black and white.

it is amazing how childerens telivision has grown.

FatherOfFour said...

Hey, what can I say, our kids discuss different things at the dinner table. And you know, everyone toots. Maybe not everyone puddles, but everyone toots.

Anonymous said...

Alright, madre, here's your comment: my fav T.V. shows when I was a kid were also pretty awesome, but I don't remember them being as educational. Remember Hey Arnold, Doug, and Rugrats? Ahh, those were the days! I feel a blog coming on....