It is official. As of yesterday- Isaac has been on his mission for 6 months!! He is 25% done! I am happy. I am amazed. I am a little bit sad that one of the most important events in his life is already 1/4 of the way complete. I am thrilled that he has grown so much in so little time. I hope I will have grown as much as he has. That seems reasonable. My good friend gave up drinking Pepsi when her son left on his mission. She said"If he can sacrifice two years of his life I can give up Pepsi." She lost some weight and found out she could live without Pepsi. I've been thinking what I would like to "look" like as a person when my son returns. I think I could stand to learn to live without some things. Will I be the kind of mother who can help his return be less awkward? In other words, will our home have the same spirit that he has enjoyed for 24 months? I am working on it. Big changes should bring big changes. I want to give my 100 percent to making that happen. I know my son is. Since you won't be reading this son, I can say it,I miss you so badly that I can't be in your room for too long or I start to hurt all over. It's worth it though.
Saturday, February 21, 2009
25%
It is official. As of yesterday- Isaac has been on his mission for 6 months!! He is 25% done! I am happy. I am amazed. I am a little bit sad that one of the most important events in his life is already 1/4 of the way complete. I am thrilled that he has grown so much in so little time. I hope I will have grown as much as he has. That seems reasonable. My good friend gave up drinking Pepsi when her son left on his mission. She said"If he can sacrifice two years of his life I can give up Pepsi." She lost some weight and found out she could live without Pepsi. I've been thinking what I would like to "look" like as a person when my son returns. I think I could stand to learn to live without some things. Will I be the kind of mother who can help his return be less awkward? In other words, will our home have the same spirit that he has enjoyed for 24 months? I am working on it. Big changes should bring big changes. I want to give my 100 percent to making that happen. I know my son is. Since you won't be reading this son, I can say it,I miss you so badly that I can't be in your room for too long or I start to hurt all over. It's worth it though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are a dedicated Mother, always thinking of ways to better yourself and your family in the process. Yeah for 25%! Go Ike!
would it make you feel better to know that, you are supposed to feel this way....
You would think we could do that but wow it really is a dedication to do so. He seems as happy as any day on a basketball court.
I sure do like you and your posts! At least I'm still around, right? And even when I leave I will only be 4 hours away (plus a phone call).
Ahhh Ging that was nice! I bet he misses you just as much! You are a great mother - good for you! love you!
Go for it Ging, but, realize he has the blessing of being able to live all day focused on spiritual matters and our lives simply don't allow for that same privelege. Fortunately, we are counseled to find balance and to live up to our potential. In my opinion you and your family have done a great job of that already. Don't get me wrong, I cheer you in your efforts. Don't you just love having a missionary!? I have sure enjoyed reading his postings. Thanks.
The greatest part is that he's happy. The hope of every parent for their children is that they will be safe and happy - we're so grateful that Isaac is both safe and happy.
Well everyone else said what I would have said so I'll just add that you guys look quite handsome in that picture.
Ging, I have thought the exact same things as youreself. I want our home to be a spiritual haven when she returns. She will be home for almost 5min. before she returns for school at the Y so pulling off the "home can be a heaven on earth" thing should be doable. I'm worried I wont cook the right thing or run the water too long or forget to pray over a quick snack while she's home. You have been a great deal of ispiration as to my spiritual growth over these years. thank you for that. love, wendy.
Post a Comment