Tonight Caleb asked,"Mom, do you remember in the olden days when Isaac used to give us cookies?" I said, "Cal, you're not old enough to have been in the olden days." Then I realized what he was saying. I miss what once was and it seems like it is getting further and further away. After all everyone has "olden days" some are just older than others. Here is a tribute to some of the olden days:
Caleb is a Grandpa's man. I am really so happy that he has spent some good time around both Papas- I sure like them!!
Amber-We still talk every week. These were some happy times.Ice cream and the Oregon Coast is a sure thing
Mom & Dad Livingston- I am almost the same age as they were when this picture was taken. I love my in-laws. I am grateful beyond mere words to have married into such an incredible family!
Jen, Amy & Molly 1986- I have grown to love them as much as they have grown!!
Mike & Ike- Someone who shares Isaac's passion for the game andnever "let" him win.
McKenzie as a newborn- this has always been one of my favorite pictures of her.She was still seeing heaven.
Disneyland Christmas 1997 with the Livingston Clan. Seriously good times!!
Ellie at the White Swan in China- the week we first met her.What a light she is in our lives!!
McKenzie's blessing day. Proof I've been married for a while.
I feel emotional just looking at this one. Isn't it great of Mom and Dad? I tookthis in California 1986
The year I was born this cute little 2 year-old was developing into something special. I think I am the luckiest girl in the world!!
Griffith & Ike. They really miss each other. I wish they were both young again- Ike maybe for a day just so he could get back to missionary work, but Griff, well forever would work for me....
Well- the fashion police weren't out in force in Burley Idaho around my 18th birthday!!
Ronald, Terri, Shawn and Ginger the under-paid McDonald's Employee 1986
The Summer of 69 One of the best pictures ever taken. I can't even sum-up my feelings when I think back on my childhood and those who made it so happy.
McKenzie in 2000- Such a darling of a daughter
Days of Wonder. Tyler is now 8 years old and was just baptized.
7 comments:
Okay, so I laughed/cried through most of this. What a great life! Yay for families and blessings and joy! Love you!
p.s. If you want I can recreate some of that "olden days" magic and start bringing cookies home...I mean, only if you want ;-)
I loved that. What great photos and great memories. Here's to many more.
That was great Ging! I love love loved it! Time goes by sooo fast!
These picture-posts are easily becoming a favorite of mine. You just can't explain in words the same thing a picture can tell you. Great pictures, great memories. Thanks Ging!
Hooray for the olden days...
Thanks for sharing your memories!
More please!
WOW that picture of us with our sand pail on our heads is so spot on for how I remember that time. I really want a copy it was very touching for me as well. I loved the one of mom and dad to
Post a Comment