Last night Caleb was, shall we say,a bit high-strung. Giggling at everything he shouldn't, angry about every joke or tease. We're thinking"Lighten-up or calm down or something!" You know this child. This is his first year of a day-long school routine It wears him out, causes him to loose his judgement. Sometimes there is a slip of the tongue. One that makes me search my memory banks to find if there may have been an occassion when a word slipped out of my mouth and he stored it away in his head for the perfect, or not-so-perfect moment. Well, this was it. I went in my room to change into my pajamas. Scott and Ellie followed and I locked the door. Caleb is six. There's no more hanging around while mom gets dressed. I admit that at that moment I was happy to be locking him out- he was driving me mad. He started shaking the doorknob like a predator. "Let me in." "No Caleb. I am getting dressed!" "But Dad and Ellie are in there." Ellie is a little girl and Dad is my husband." "Please let me come in I Promise I won't laugh at your butt."
I have no further comment.
4 comments:
Atta boy, Cal! Keep up the good quotes!
I love the picture you paint with words, frantic little hands rattling at the door knob... Funny!
So what do you do in a time like that? Did you guys have to bury you faces in the pillows so he wouldn't hear you laughing? Shame on him. High five!
What a character. I love it.
Post a Comment