Thursday, October 2, 2008

HAPPY 21st Anniversary!!

One day late. As it turns out, yesterday was our anniversary, but I was to dad gum busy doing Mom stuff all day, and talking to Em on the phone ( I needed the power of the publisher) to Blog about my anniversary. Then last night Scott took me to dinner at Harvest out at Thanksgiving point. He also bought me a lovely orange dress- oh how I do love orange, and surprise, surprise a dozen roses. I love that he still brings me roses- even when he knows I feel like they are decadant. Hold on,... I am the queen of decadent. Last year at this time we were in Hawaii celebrating our 20th! What a fabulous trip that was!! This photo is on the 1st- sometime between my four hours at the spa and dinner on the beach by candlelight, oh yeah and that three diamond anniversary ring. Sufficeth to say- he is seriously off the hook for at least 20 more years, but I know that won't ever stop him from being generous in his affection. I am so blessed, and the "things" are truly secondary to the spirit of the person I married. He is kind and thoughtful, encourages me to believe in difficult things and BIG dreams, patient, an excellent listener, very good at talking me out of throwing the computer monitor out the window by solving problems calmly and quickly, loves my family as much as I do,funny, a great omelet maker, imaginative and visionary, quick to observe, the best cheerleader,slow to anger and he loves the Lord. How do I love thee, I cannot count the ways!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

You two are such a cute couple. Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

My one and only one! Just looking forward to going back. Maybe for a month this time...

Here's to the next twenty-one!

Scott

Molly Thorne said...

How cute! I need pictures please, of the ring and of course of the orange dress. Don't be shy, share share, we can all appreciate a cute orange dress, especially me.

JP Anderson said...

That picture up top reminded me of what an attractive couple you two are. I hadn't heard of you 20th. I might have to mimic that in another 19 years. Congratulations!
ps Molly's comments usually make me chuckle. When ya gonna blog Molly!?