Hi Everyone! Those of you who would take the time to read my blog already know all of the wonderful reasons why I haven't taken the time to give you a blog. Last Wednesday the 14th Isaac received his mission call to the Cincinnati, Ohio mission. WAHOO! He has always wanted to serve there since becoming a REDS fan at age 6. What a big and wonderful surprise that was! His mission covers a great deal of Kentucky, and also part of West Virginia and Indiana. This promises to be a great opportunity for him. McKenzie will officially be a graduate of American Fork High School one week from today. She has been honored with a scholarship for partial tuition, that can continue to go up. That was good news. On Tuesday of this week I did the first ever Gallery Night for FOV Editions. In short, this is the company that Scott works for and they want me to head up a new branch where we go into people's homes and have an art show. It was a lot of fun and very well received. Most of the people there were related to or neighbors with the Crawleys, (the owners of FOV). It was meant to be an opportunity to fine tune the process and get feedback. I was very apprehensive as the whole thing was unscripted so I literally made it up as I went along. I experienced deodorant failure at least twice!! I am looking forward to getting it started, I think it will be very well received by this community where so much art is homogenized and sold in mass. We really want art to be personal again as people discover all that is "really" out there. In honor of my new job I am going to start posting one of my favorite pieces every week for your enjoyment. This week: Emily Mcphie- Serena & Her Lion Some of these artists are not part of my current sales portfolio- but we can always dream. I have also started a list of links to artists whose work I admire- click on it!!
Love to all.
Ging
5 comments:
That sounds like a really neat job! I'm excited for you. So does that mean that you and Scott get to work together or not really? I had no idea that Isaac wanted to go there. Thats awesome! And congrats to Kenzie too. New stuff all around. Change is good!
Wow Ging, good work and your new job . It sounds really fun . My son loves that picture of the really cute baby lion - those are his words! Love ya, JEN
Oh and Ging - last time I checked you have 7 siblings! Check your sidebar comment about yourself! HEE HEE!!!!
She doesn't count me.
Thats really fantastic Ging. It sounds like it would be so fun to do. :) I love your list of artists (really, you can take me off. hah) there is obviously a love for the soft whimsical stuff. it is so you. and the guy Kirck Richards? reminds me of Minerva Teichert. When I saw his beautiful painting on Scott's page I assumed thats who it was. Beautiful stuff!
ANYway, I'm sorry I can't make it to Kenzie's graduation AND missed your call about Issac's mission call,but I'm really proud of her and Ike. Its a BIG time in your life eh?You're about to get your first kids outta home, you ARE getting old! JUST KIDDING! You are beautiful and more lively than I am Ging. I always tell people I fear not the 4-0, because my sisters in (or nearing) that age are all gorgeous. That sounded cheesy, but I mean it.
Love ya.
Post a Comment