Graduation Day- Kenz
Goodbye Day- Grandma Great
I was working in my garden the other day when an apparent scuffle broke out between two birds in the nearby cherry tree. I stopped to see what all of the discussion was about. I watched as a mother robin succeeded in driving a much larger intruding magpie away, just as her baby fell from the tree. With traces of her downy feathers still apparent I walked with concern in her direction to see if she would or could fly. When I got too close she gracefully flew to the relative safety of a nearby garden. "Hurray, I thought to myself, "she can fly, she'll be okay!" To those in my life who stand perched at the branches end or are already circling in the sky above, I dedicate today's blog.Some will be missed for a semester, some for two long years, with others I will have to wait until I pass thru the veil. I look forward to all of the reunions that seem to be writing themselves into my hearts day-planner. Lately, it feels a bit heavy.
6 comments:
You're very profound! I can't wait to read your first book, or see your first painting. You have an artist's soul. So glad you're mine...
Hi Ging! I love your blog. whoo. Anyway, I know this has absolutely nothing to do with your post but I just cant get over that picture in your home of jesus on the water. Who is that Russian genius? Love ya.
Life just punches you in the gut sometimes, doesn't it? Things will go beautifully for you though, especially with one in the mission field and the way you and Scott handle your lives.
That was a beautiful analogy Ging. I hope that you find your own little patch of sky to enjoy in the meantime. Analogy-like speak, of course. :)
I've read this blog a couple of times, and decided to comment. When you think about all these big events that are coming up, really it's just what you had planned! I cannot imagine being where you are in life right now, with 2 kids about to fly the coop, but this is inevitable for all of us with kids. It will be exciting to watch their growth.
This is a great post Ging! Good thing you'll still have Cal and Ellie to keep your life crazy busy! I will miss Grandma Great too - What a lovely lady! Love you, JEN
Post a Comment