Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Maps

I've been working on family history quite a bit lately. Most of the time in the temple. Last week I was there 3 times. Tonight I was adding information to new family search and clicked back to the 900's . That was a lot of clicking. I find this family history & temple work to be pretty addictive. And I am not even good at it yet. One of the features of new Family Search is called Maps. If you click on a person's "map" it will show you a map with little red markers where significant events happened. Births, Marriage, L.D.S Ordinances and Death. Below are three maps in my family history. Two of these maps are unfinished. The last map,  belonging to Alexander Livingston, was finished on August 20, 2010, when he was finally sealed to his wife 386 years after he died. 






True success in this life comes in consecrating our lives—that is, our time and choices—to God’s purposes (see John 17:1, 4; D&C 19:19). In so doing, we permit Him to raise us to our highest destiny.
D. Todd Christofferson

5 comments:

Terri said...

That was fascinating. I would like to spend a day with you soon learning and temple going.

Anonymous said...

now THAT is cool. you are my inspiraaaaaation.

Melissa said...

so wonderful! we would love to learn about what you are doing!

ibshell said...

Thank you SO much Ginger! I needed that. Love it!!!

Amy said...

Re-reading this post after going Visiting Teaching. Seems we need to get together and I can learn and you can laugh.