We loaded up the family on Monday and headed up Provo Canyon. it was a lovely drive. Our destination of choice? The Zermat Resort in Midway. This is where a clever man who seems accustomed to the cold spends most of his time sculpting and re-sculpting a self-made
ice scultpture. We found the experience impressive, but short. Walking through the entire sculpture twice in less time then it takes to get to the mouth of the canyon. Ellie was enchanted by the "castle-like" quality of it all. I was wondering what he does when it's warm outside?. We thought about staying until dusk when the whole thing lights-up, but opted for dinner and and a warm ride home. The attached resort is also quite lovely. True to the Swiss theme of Midway and very elegant. The photos of the lobby might just convince someone to make a reservation. I am dreaming of the possibility.. If we had had more time or resources a day in Midway complete with Ice Skating in the park would have been the "icing" on the cake. But we are still glad we went and made a fun memory. Click on the photos-

8 comments:
These photos prove what I've been saying for awhile now - it looks like you are hanging out with your dad, or at least with a much-older guy that spray paints addresses on people's curbs for a living.
Otherwise, it was a dandy way to say "happy birthday" to George & Abe.
HUH! Scott you don't look old! That looks like a lovely place to visit!
What fun! We love Midway too...
What awesome photos. I wanna go see that ice castle. I've heard of Zermat, but never been. Sounds like you all had a great time. Great idea.
p.s. have I ever told you how photogenic you are?
Cool! Glad you found it! I love the title of this post, made me smile :)
Love the pictures, looks sooo fun! That is a place to earmark to go for sure!
whay kewl. i wish i could have gone.
word verification TRIZATT it must be a sign
Post a Comment