
Here it is. Proof positive that I can and do, and did paint. And paint. And paint. Mom's island is officially blue. But it's like a pair of red shoes when you haven't got a red dress. So Mom needs a new rug. new curtains and some new accessories. Which is hard to believe. Extremely hard to believe. I walked through the house looking for reclaimed tchotchkes. A lamp here and a photo there. It was decided (I decided) that there would be no more country crafts in the kitchen. It sits next to an elegant dining room. I have been commissioned to finish the job. I have a big mouth. Does anyone want to come and work on my kitchen? Anybody?
Since it was the kid's break from school mom humored us with a trip to the Dinosaur park and Sizzler for lunch. I almost think Sizzler was a bigger hit. And I quote: Caleb "I love this place! You can just keep going back and back and back. If you want to go back sixty times you can!"
Enjoy the pics. And, as usual click on them and they will get bigger..

11 comments:
Looks like you had (mostly) fun! I'm glad you are back so there is sound in the house again...
I'm a lame bachelor.
Ging- what a good daughter you are. I'm sure she loved having your help. And I LOVE that picture of Mom squeezing the life out of your kids.
good for you Ging! Is that our mom that is wearing Levi's- WoW! Can't wait to see it in person!
mom in jeans!? i love the sizzler joy...buffets are some kind of wonderful.
You are a patient woman wth skills I dont possess patients and good color sense. Did you notice that the color is in the fireplace it now ties in the two rooms.
Terri
Oh the memories that one makes... These are good ones...
Great job - I love it!
Your photos are always wonderful to see.
I'm so happy you got a turn to paint something in that house. Everyone should get that opportunity, at least twice. Glad YOU did it and had fun doing it.
Ahh I wanna go to the island...
Love the cabinets!! THey look great, and I love the picture of the kids getting a good hug! So cute. Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I really appreciate them! Have a great day!
Ah Ginger! I would SO love to come help work on your kitchen, but alas, you moved too far away!!! Your island is beautiful and you will do a beautiful decorating job, as always!
Post a Comment