Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I will miss all of my fans...

Fare thee well fresh tomatoes.
Cheerio my lovely zinnias. You were so bright and abundant.
Adieu beautiful, warm sunny days.
Goodbye city pool without a biosphere...sniff
Off to the shed with you my many fans. We will sleep soundly with the windows closed and the constant whir of your twirling blades.
I must take leave of you now.

8 comments:

KimnSam said...

I know the feeling, I'm having a hard time letting summer go too. It wouldn't be as bad if winter didn't last so long! Is that watermelon from your garden? WOW.

Amy said...

Ahhhh. So sad to say goodbye. Love the pic of Scott and his watermelon.

Unknown said...

But the quiet at night will be nice...btw, who's the old guy with the watermelon?

Anonymous said...

Wow. That pic of dad is really somethin'. Wish I coulda been there to enjoy some of the harvest with you! As for Rexburg, our fans were put away a month ago. HA! So much for a long, hot summer.

Em said...

thems a whole lotta fans!

JP Anderson said...

Ahh summer in Utah. It just kinda comes to a screeching hault. And to make it even better, fall lasts like three weeks and it snows. I too will miss thee ol' friend.

Terri said...

sniff sniff. Im pullin them up today. But hey cant wait to see the new spring tulips I planted come up.

ibshell said...

It has been really difficult leaving summer for me this year as well! Love your sentiments!!
Most of all I love the song on your blog as I am a tragically hopeless fan of those from Andreww Lloyd Weber! I never knew how much we had in common!!! Love and miss you ;-)