Wednesday, December 10, 2008

That Just goes to show you...

Wow! After 5 months of planning and preparation- another Anderson Family Reunion has occurred. The cabin was better than I had hoped and everyone had a place to sleep ( 7 bedrooms), stay warm ( 3 fireplaces), swim(okay, technically only the kids and Grandma Bonnie used the hot tub. But they really did swim, splash and pick up a rash), eat ( we can cook, a lot!!). The theater room was primarily used for Kung Fu Panda and kung fu intermission shows by Ethan. The air hockey was enjoyed a great deal despite the injuries incurred by the ever competitive Amy and myself. We saw many deer from the deck of the house and Molly and Tristan nearly hit a moose. Crafts were esssential- many Christmas chains were made. Games were a huge hit and we will all remember the brilliant performances- particularly by Dr. Zeus and Beav Clark as well as Harrison Ford's role in Harispray. Molly- you always put forth your best. I also loved the victory dance (but I am sure that the opposing team would differ on that opinion). I thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, but was especially fond of the talent show and was blown away by Gabby's voice, Mom's nerve, and Caleb's straight faced rendition of "Edelweiss". Family counsel was lovely and Terri sure invited the spirit, as I knew she would. Hearing Dad's testimony was a treat for me. We are so blessed to have our parents' testimonies and light. Amy- thanks for crafts, and yummy breakfasts and not having your baby early!! To each of you who came, and bonded and shared yourselves- thank you. By the way- the owner called me Sunday night to say that the place looked amazing. He didn't realize we had even started a fire- Dad even replaced the kindling and paper in the fireplace. He was sorry about the lack of laundry soap and matches. I told him he should fix up the dangerous bunk-bed room so that no more light bulbs would be broken with heads. Maybe some day we will get to go back. In the meantime I am looking forward to June. I think the success of any event depends on the people involved. No surprise, that from start to finish this was a great reunion and it just goes to show you- you are, each of you, great. As Dad put it, you each make the "whole" better. I love you all!!

3 comments:

Molly Thorne said...

Ging- Thanks for the nice comment. I had a great time time doing my part and enjoyed everyone else and their efforts

Jen said...

Still feeling so sad about it all! However, I love hearing everyones fondest memories of it! Thanks for the post and pics Ging! I love me some Anderson family!!!!

JP Anderson said...

Thank you very much for organizing such a great reunion! I know we weren't there to enjoy most of it but feel fortunate to have experienced what we did. We both wished so much that we had been done with finals once we got there. We were expecting hight stress levels and chaos but there was very little of either. To the contrary actually. Thanks again!