
What a week.... I feel so blessed to have been given such wonderful children with unique purposes in the this life. Lately it seems they have all been giving me the "mom pay-off" that keeps all mothers (and fathers) going. Isaac is having great success in the work of the Lord. If you have a minute to read the portion of his latest letter , you'll understand my profound gratitude for the wisdom of missions. McKenzie recently informed us that when she completes this, her first semester in college, she will be a Sophomore because of the number of college credits she accumulated in High School. On Monday, Cal was in charge of the lesson for FHE. We just let him 'go for it' after supplying a touch of instruction. He spoke of faith and shared the entire story of Nephi and the brass plates in his own words. It was terrific and so darn funny. Scott videotaped the whole thing and we were both grinning from ear-to-ear. Ellie keeps my cup full when the house is nearly empty. She has a gift for filling others' cups. I have started back to formal triathlon training with the Timp Tri Club. This means I am up before 5 and ready to go back to bed at 7:30. It is hard work but oh so very rewarding. When you work out, as you know, you reach a target heart rate. It feels so good to work that hard and still be able to keep pushing. In daily life I think we have many emotional and spiritual opportunities, particularly with others, to reach our target heart rate. To offer more than is comfortable or convenient and then go even further. Like good exercise, the kind that makes you sweat- life was meant to push us, to refine us, to cause us to remember those on whom we must lean for support or encouragement while we struggle. I am thankful for vision and target heart rates and all that falls inbetween. That's the good stuff. I hope you will all reach your target heart rate today. And thank you Scott for being my personal trainer.
7 comments:
Truth is...you've always set the pace and I've struggled to keep up. Thanks for occasionally slowing down just enough for me to catch up...
Go Ging. I'm really proud of you for getting to the gym in the morning. That is not easy, but it does feel good to check it off your list. Keep at it, I'll get there...eventually. Seasons, seasons.
Ah Ging. you're an inspiration. This blog entry reminded me that I definately did not reach my target heart rate today... I think I've been reminded of what should accomplish tomorrow. :)The thought of a triathlon makes me nervous, just the thought! Mostly knowing that my older sister would whoop my butt frightens me. :) You're amazing sis!
Well said, mama! Lately in my Doctrine and Covenants class (p.s. the greatest class of my life!) we have been talking about our divine potentials and how the things we do today have eternal consequences. I'm really glad you hit your target heart rate today, and just so you know, I've been hitting mine a lot lately at this here university. Tithing rocks!
Way to go Ging! I want to start running! I guess that means i have to go off my milkshake a day campaign! LOL!! I'm going to work on my Target Heart Rate from somewhere other than the couch!
GO PINGEE!! If you need a magic water bottle I got one. Good message for me to ponder pushing on
Where you at girl? Haven't heard from your end of the blogosphere in a long time! Probably getting ready for Christmas...
Post a Comment