 |
| We celebrated Mom's birthday at Chilis this year. An anonymous donor (Mom) paid for almost every penny of our lunch. I think it tasted even better. I was especially excited to finally meet my niece Hadley for the first time. She is beautiful. Finally a little girl to be named Anderson again. Birthdays are a miracle. |
 |
| We started attending the Cedar Hills Easter Egg Hunt about three years ago. A comical thing. Ellie always runs past hundreds of pieces of candy for the same candy 20 feet away. I think this is our fault. We always tell her to run ahead and get some candy before the other kids get there. The "other kids" are never as fast as we anticipate and so there is a trail of candy left behind which is quickly claimed. Funny to watch. Maybe next year we will remember. Maybe. Later we dyed our eggs and our fingernails. That Easter bunny kindly leaves us enough chocolate to keep our candy bags full until Halloween. |
A beautiful Easter Sunday. As a family we have been reading the account of the Saviors last week in the four gospels. This made the day even more meaningful for me. We shared our Easter feast with our good friends and neighbors the Macdonalds. We let the children take pictures. Probably you can pick them out. It was a sweet day. Scott recently said
"For me, Christmas was the promise and Easter was the promise
fulfilled." I couldn't agree more.
I feel that this year I may have immersed myself more in understanding my Savior and fell truly blessed for having done so.
 |
| Spring Soccer is on. I have sat through many seasons of many sports and I am relishing the role this Spring. Caleb and Ellie are both great little soccer players. Cal is a very good defensive player and he has a lot of Moxy in that little body of his. He says soccer is his favorite sport. He works at it every day and each year we can see how much better he gets. Ellie is in her first season. She is a natural offensive player. She has scored three times and scored the game-winner last night. She has been "recruited" by a competitive team for this coming fall. I am so happy to see where this great sport takes them. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them build "team mentality" |
 |
| I love Womens Conference!. This was my 6th year. I hope I never have to miss it. I am filled to over-flowing and ready to take on the world again. I find my true identity reinforced. My favorite things about Womens Conference: 1. The Talks 2. Seeing friends old and new- I take a picture to remember. This year I ran into Kim Dicou my dear friend, Kehaulani Jones a good friend from work 20 years ago, dear sisters from my Ward & Sharon and Karen who sit in the SAME place every year (so I can find them). 4. Sharing stations and Service projects. We made wands for little girls in need.Rewarding 5. Sitting on the floor all day and just people watching. I can feel the spirit of these noble sisters who wander around in front of me.The terrible photo of some women sitting at a skirted table is that of the past four general Relief Society Presidents. Sister Winder, Sister Jack, Sister Smoot and Sister Parkin. I was sitting quite close but it's not a great shot. Great moment though.6. Seeing the art displays in the Bookstore. Scott used to work there so I would get to see him too. I still see several artist who we became friends with while Scott worked for FOV. Kirk and Amy Richards are in the photo. Kirk is my favorite contemporary artist and he and Amy are our friends. Bonus. | |
 |
Mother's Day. How can I not like it? Scott always makes me breakfast in bed. Ellie always come in and eats part of it with me despite Scott's efforts to keep her out of my plate. I don't really mind. I sing "I Often Go Walking" to my mom. This year Cal and Ellie did the honors for me since I had no voice. It was sweet. I am really thankful that Mother's Day is always on Sunday. It should be, it works the way it should. I talked to and saw Ike and Kenz via Skype.Caleb and Ellie have a
hard time just visiting with them. They seem to think
since they can see themselves on a screen that they
should perform. I think Ike and Kenz found it
entertaining until they were escorted from the
premises I received a card in the mail from the
two of them. It was a tear-jerker. One of those things that must go with you in a fire. Cal and Ellie made gifts at school. Ellie's was a hot-pad with "I love Mom" colored on the front. Caleb framed a list of "I love my Mom more than...". No 1. I love my Mom more than a pencil. You can't make these kind of moments up. Scott, as usual grilled and mixed and chopped and presented dinner. He also gave me beautiful things. Really just about like every other day in my life except for the fact that I get a giant Candy Bar as I stand in the chapel after Sacrament Meeting. That alerts me to the differences. :-)
Parting Shots
 |
| April 30th |
|
5 comments:
It's been a happy Wint/Spring/Er - whatever we're calling it this year - but as ever, full of blessings and happy memories...
Ahhh Spring. Ahh Mothers. Ahh life!
OHH I loved this picturey post almost as much as I love you.
nice recap. it has been a great spring/late winter.
I'm back again. I've read it once and I reread it. Lovely post. You've documented your "Spring" well. I love that you always have your camera ready and waiting to capture all the moments spent with the ones you love. :)
Post a Comment