Sunday, September 12, 2010

A-Gust

A Gust (August): A sudden, brief increase in the speed of the wind.

For me, August was like a gust of wind- sudden, brief and including  an increase of speed. I was swept up like a bystander during a tornado. But it was much more enjoyable. Here's the proof:

The month started with a day I had been waiting for and literally dreaming of for weeks.

Isaac's Homecoming

Click to play this Smilebox newsletter

Then we were off on vacation- to Oregon. 
2 days of camping
400 pictures to prove it.
Don't forget to Click on the Pictures..


Camping at its best

People, places and things that I love.

Top photo is next to our campsite...Oh, Oregon, how I do love thee!


 
For my birthday I wished for 7 children in one house and "poof" my which came true. (And you thought the 7 candles stood for 43) Kent and Carol's kids minus one  Ammon, stayed for the week. This was great fun for the cousins to have one uninterrupted week together. We were all very busy and happy and tired at the end of the day. Grandpa's room was the location of a giant sleepover for several nights. My favorite birthday present was a trip to Ashland Oregon for the Shakespeare Festival
We have experienced 10 years of wonderful, world-class plays. This year we saw Hamlet, Pride & Prejudice, and Henry the 4th Pt. 1. We then finished the trip with a session in the beautiful Medford, Oregon temple.

 The day after we returned from Oregon, Caleb started his first day of THIRD grade! (More first days to come...)

















































11 comments:

Jen said...

Wow you've had a wonderful month for sure! Love you!

Unknown said...

It was certainly an amazing month - best part of it was that we did it all holding hands.



You're my Jaime Sommers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Sommers_%28The_Bionic_Woman%29

KimnSam said...

I've been missing your posts! Great to get caught up. Wonderful, wonderful pictures, we're so excited for you to have your missionary home now! And it looks like you've had a wonderful summer and vacation.

Amy said...

I want to go to Oregon! Your pictures are gorgeous. August was indeed a good month for you.

Terri said...

August always has much to offer. Have a wonderful September.

ibshell said...

Oh Ginger! So wonderful to have you back!!! Missed your blog so much and have been waiting for your post about the homecoming! Thank you so much for sharing, your description captivates the feeling of the event. We are so happy for your family and grateful for your examples! Hopefully you will come to Eugene again sometime and we can see you ;-) XoXo

Kirsten said...

What a wonderful post. I'm so glad guy your guy is home. And I loved all the camping pics.

shawn rowley said...

lucky lucky lucky.....

Anonymous said...

gashhh. all of your posts are like this. they make mine look like a sidewalk next to a flower bed. my blog=the boring sidewalk. yours=the flower bed. love ya!!!

JP Anderson said...

Those are some great pictures. What a life!

Debbie said...

GREAT shots-- of a great family!