This summer we have hit the ground running (literally). So many eventful events. DON'T FORGET TO CLICK ON THE PICS
Yesterday Aka:A week ago We shared the Anderson family reunion in Island Park. It rained and rained. We all got to know each other better and discovered a few things:
1.Twins can be twice as noisy.
2.18 people can share a bathroom- albeit unsuccessfully.
3.Two games have virtually no point: Masterpiece and Finish my Song with a Song. But the later is quite fun.
4.Amy and I can still do headstands- but probably shouldn't.
5.We cook too much food and then we eat too much food.
6. Contests involving identifying bottoms are very controversial & competitive7.Other people's hot tubs will give you chicken pox... or a rash .
8.Children shouldn't be given their parents money to bid on candy
9.Yellowstone Park can provide everyone with the perfect day of sunshine and enough animals to please the toughest critic.
10.We are all very different, but we truly love one another
Today Aka: This last weekend. Scott was the one who was running as in his very first marathon. My sister Amy and Scott's cousin Susan also ran for the first time too. I was so nervous you would have thought I was running. Scott met his goal of completing the race but not his time goal.He is encouraging me to join him next time. So here we go again. I joined him for the last 6.5 miles. For me it was the easiest run so far. Terri was there, as usual, to provide moral support, child care, photography and pre- and post-race snacks. It was an emotional day for all. I cried twice. I am unbelievably proud of Scott,Amy and cousin Susan.
Tomorrow Aka: This weekend. I run the Ragnar. From Logan to park City with 12 other women, 2 vans and little sleep. I am excited and scared out of my wits. My 3 legs of the race are at the top of the distance chart at 21 miles. Ouch. It turns out I have developed a bacterial infection in my lungs and throat.I saw my doctor yesterday and I am on antibiotics. Check back for up-dates on how that whole fiasco turns out. The best part is I get to share the experience with my sister Felicia . She is married to my brother John and she is amazing. So, lucky me.
Today Aka: This last weekend. Scott was the one who was running as in his very first marathon. My sister Amy and Scott's cousin Susan also ran for the first time too. I was so nervous you would have thought I was running. Scott met his goal of completing the race but not his time goal.He is encouraging me to join him next time. So here we go again. I joined him for the last 6.5 miles. For me it was the easiest run so far. Terri was there, as usual, to provide moral support, child care, photography and pre- and post-race snacks. It was an emotional day for all. I cried twice. I am unbelievably proud of Scott,Amy and cousin Susan.
Tomorrow Aka: This weekend. I run the Ragnar. From Logan to park City with 12 other women, 2 vans and little sleep. I am excited and scared out of my wits. My 3 legs of the race are at the top of the distance chart at 21 miles. Ouch. It turns out I have developed a bacterial infection in my lungs and throat.I saw my doctor yesterday and I am on antibiotics. Check back for up-dates on how that whole fiasco turns out. The best part is I get to share the experience with my sister Felicia . She is married to my brother John and she is amazing. So, lucky me.


6 comments:
Just another summer filled with adventures - so glad I get to share it with you.
Well for some reason I can't post on Scott's blog so will you please tell him congrats on the race and that I to am excited for the next marathon, he's not crazy. I hope your race is awesome also Ging. Good luck.
I LOVE your pictures Ging. So fantastic. Your summer is off to a roaring start and it has so many great things to come! Can't wait for your race and I am wishing I was there as I know how encouraging a cheerleader you know personally can be. I love you and know you will be awesome!
you are becoming my hero.
way to go Ging! I'm super excited for both you and Felicia. You are going to kick that Ragnar's booty! Big Time! No Doubt about it! A quote that stuck with me when Molly ran her marathon when she was pregnant with Twins was , " I can do hard things, see I have been doing them all along." That applies to you perfectly! I love you! Go get um!
You are such a rock star!!! Good luck on your race. I know you will do great. And way to go Scott on the Marathon. Loved all the pics. and yes twins are twice as noisy I laughed when I read that : )
Post a Comment