Last week I returned from a much needed Spring Break. It was a bit last minute- tickets purchased on a Friday- flight on Monday. Cal, Ellie and I had a wonderful time. The only improvement would have been having the rest of our family ('cept Ike, he's right where he needs to be). We are so glad that we went. The kids were nearly perfect on the flight there. We managed to avoid checking any luggage. You should have seen us go through security. They were so dutiful as if they'd done this a hundred times!! On the flight the stewardesses were so taken by their manners that they provided both with extra snacks, lots of compliments and to Ellie's great pleasure a bundle of coffee straws and disposable gloves. On the very long drive home they traveled so well and entertained me with singing games and questions galore. BIG thanks to Dad Livingston. Here are some highlights.
P.S. Click on the pictures- they get bigger...
P.S. Click on the pictures- they get bigger...
We started Spring Break with Easter weekend at Grandpa & Grandma Andersons. Scott and Kenz joined us for this part of the trip. It was a lovely weekend. Highlights: Chasing chickens and one large rabbit with mom. Spending one last weekend with Kenz before her second semester begins. Eating steaks the size of my head. Caleb insisiting on wearing a pair of mom's old reading glasses with one lense missing. Especially receiving Fathers and Grandfathers blessings. A tender memory I will always cherish.
McKenzie's new love......
I love my in-laws. They are oriented to their grandchildren. I caught Alan dancing the Hokie Pokie with the kids ( A typical moment with Grandpa). We enjoy them so much. Neda and I stayed up late more than a few nights just talking like a couple of school girls. Jaylynn is still part of the Eugene Livingston household. She celebrated her 2nd birthday while we were there. Caleb said, and I quote, "We need to find a way to keep her in the family." Don't tempt me. ( Her photo is below in the friends new and old collage. See what we mean?)
Some of the best things about Oregon-aren't things. I did some much needed catching up with some of the best people I know. Where was my camera every time I was with Steph & the rest of the Stanleys? I loved going to church Sunday and getting a yearly quota of hugs. I love these people. They feel like home. That's how love feels though.

I miss the Oregon Coast. I can't believe how lucky I was to live so close to it for all of those years. I could be content to live out my days by the sea. We had a WONDERful day there. The kids made sandcastles. We searched the tide pools and touched anenomes. We wrote our names in the sand. Monica found fishing line and a fly to fish with. Ellie decided to try her hand with a rock tied to a line. We didn't have fish for lunch. We did have seafood though. Thank goodness for Mo's. Yum!! Wish you all could have come. Really.



The next night we stayed at Mike & Wendy's in good old Burley. We arrived to a bonfire with hotdogs and smores. Uncle Mike threw the kids on the riding lawn mower in the dark and let them steer it around. Boy were they happy!! I took a spin in the round "spiny neck-injuring thingy" We slept so good in that country air!! For breakfast Wendy made us French toast with butter syrup, strawberries and real whipped cream. Yes, Wendy.
"Neck injuring thingy"
After we we got home Michael & Ashley came to pick up their new car. We enjoyed their visit so much. Why haven't we seen them more often? Cal was already in bed for the night but Ellie sure enjoyed little Maddie. She made a game of tickling Scott and I's toes. What a personality and all of those red highlights to boot. What's not to love?

7 comments:
Glad you got to see so many people that you love...looks like it was a wonderful time...sounds like you need to move back there...
AHH I LOVED THIS POST! The Coast collage is now my background. Mucho amor!
Thanks for the update on your adventures! SO many cute pictures.. We too should see Micheal sometime and never do, their little Madison is a doll!
What a good time. I love how you posted your pictures.
Oh what a fun trip. I want to go to the coast now...:)
There's nothing like visiting home. The Oregon coast has to be a great home to visit too.
Wow , you sure look pretty in those pictures Ging! Looks like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment