Today is my mom's 66th!! I started the day with a call to her and a birthday serenade. The usual test of loyalty in my family. If you can put up with my quirky singing, well, you love me. My Mom loves me. She passionately loves her family. Ask around. There are two reasons I know this: 1. She tells us. 2. She shows us. Some examples of her showing, in my life: We still kiss each other.. I guess we never outgrew it. In most cases not outgrowing something is a good thing. This is one of those cases.
She still hollers pretty much louder than anyone I know. (Please refer to the note about passion above) My favorite hollers are those that drowned-out all other parents when a win (or a loss) was close at hand. No matter the outcome or apparent outcome- the cheering is the same. You should have heard her at my first triathlon- I was beaming inside.
She calls me almost every day and we talk about everything and nothing.
She is spontaneous. When I was a child I learned to love surprises, because of her.
She wears her heart on her sleeve. This is a place wear things get banged up pretty bad, but it makes for a tender heart. Definitely a trait of hers.
My mom has energy. Lots and lots of energy. I am already starting to wonder if I will be able to keep up with her much longer. She has always kept a beautiful home and garden while raising 8 children. We were taught to work, hard....
She loves chickens, puppies, rabbits, anything that needs caring for
She is strong. I have seen her endure difficult things over and over.
I have witnessed her devotion and dedication when it was painful. She has been really sick enough times to understand how it feels to be afraid and yet she seems invincible.
Her love of the Lord and her devotion to service in His kingdom is admirable.
She taught me to love and serve the elderly when I was young. This is perhaps one of the lessons from her that I treasure the most.
She loves things that grow, but finds the end of every season difficult. Particularly when it comes to growing children.
She takes advice from me. Enough said there.
I would some-up my mom by saying that she is unflinchingly committed to everything that she commits to. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me you.
Happy Birthday Mom
6 comments:
Yeah for Mom! Yeah for a happy birthday! And ditto to everything that red-hot redhead had to say about you!! (I think smoke just rose from my keyboard...)
That was a perfect birthday letter. Good enough to copy and paste into my word docs to keep. Well thought out Ging, you explained Mom perfectly and with the eyes of someone who has years of superb observations.
What a neat tribute to your mom.
So well said, I felt many of things you mentioned.
I loved it. Made my heart all gooey with thots and memorys of mom. Well spoken
This is so great to learn about your wonderful mom whom I've never actually had the pleasure to meet! What an amazing lady!
Post a Comment