Today I sigh a sigh of heartache. I miss the little boy who became a man so gradually it happened over night and all at once on Wednesday afternoon when he placed his name-tag on his suit and smiled that triumphant smile. Today I sigh a sigh of relief that I have made it through two entire days without crying all of the time or even most of the time! I know it sounds like a small sort of accomplishment, but the daily reminders are so sweet and tender like when Ellie asked me"Mom, is Isaac going to walk home?" I suppose she must have been in-tune to my aching heart as she lay in my arms cuddling. I was thinking of how much I missed Ike and she was wondering why we don't go and pick him up.... Today I sigh a sigh of anxious concern for Caleb whose heart is obviously in need of a stitch or two in torn places. Whose idea was it to have Grandpa and Isaac leave several days apart? He hasn't played with a friend for nearly a week. Just sits in his room quietly contemplating. Today I sigh a sigh of anticipation for McKenzie who is so obviously missing her brother and finding herself on a a brand new road leading towards the adventures of college life and beyond. Today I sigh a sigh of peace for I know that all of these things, and more importantly all of these people are in the hands of the Lord, who loves them and knows their hearts much better than I. "By imitating the Savior’s example of submission to the Father, we learn perfect obedience to eternal law." from The Way to Christlike Love by Allen E. Bergin
The photo above was taken on Tuesday morning when Scott and I had the privilege of attending the temple and performing sealings with Isaac. This was his 5th trip and one of many highlights in our week.
5 comments:
Wow...I got both profound and pretty when you said "yes." Lucky me!
There is much change happening in your life at this time and change can be hard. If there weren't these changes and challenges in our life though, we wouldn't grow like we should. I myself am going through some changes and I can't seem to relax like before. I just keep sighing at this and that. We'll get use to the change and then something else will change again, and life goes on.
That was a great blog Ging! You expressed yourself so beautifully - I think I could actually feel your pain! Love you! JEN
What a sweet blog. My heart is aching for you.
that was really beautifull ging.
somebody ought to carve that in a metal plate and hang it on the ..... building where people go to see that stuff???
keep going it will pass very quickly..
Post a Comment