

One night several weeks ago Cal had a mosquito visit his room for dinner. Since a mosquito can only inbibe from 0.001 to 0.01 milliliter of blood in a feeding & from the looks of my son, he may have invited some relatives. At any rate the next day Cal was covered with bites. His right ear and left eye must have been very warm because those heat-seekers really focused on those areas. When we saw him the next morning my first thought was"This kid looks like Forest Whitaker!" Sorry Forest!! He had a fever for 24 hours, sweat profusely and itched pretty much non-stop. But, the sweetest part in all of this wasn't Cal's blood, it was his thoughts on the matter: Cal:"Dad, why did Heavenly Father make mosquitoes?" Dad: "Why do you think he did Cal?" Cal:" Probably so we would remember him." That's my boy!!!
4 comments:
Love the story, what a funny kid. I only wish you had a pic!
Was he really that swollen? Poor kid. Mosquitoes are the worst and I have often questioned the reason for their existence as well. After the Fall of Adam I am certain. Many a time I have turned on the lights and closed the doors in the middle of the night to hunt mosquitoes. Felicia is always a good sport and usually helps me spot them so that they can be destroyed. I wonder if they go to heaven. I think with their liking to darkness, heat, and torment they would fit in well elsewhere. Can we vote on that?
heh heh heh that was great. if you give the kid one of the b-vitamins i think it is either #6 or 12
it will make him much less taisty to mosquitos. seriously look it up online.
one of my superpowers it the ability to attract mosquitos, from distance
file them under the noxous weed catagory to torment and afflict man.
haha! Thats great. Children are ingenious. I have been pondering the question for years and never came up with an answer that good.
Post a Comment