Wednesday, April 30, 2008

OH ZION SWEET ZION


Spring Break April 17-18th. Finally we made it to Zion National Park!! We had a ball and only wished we could have spent more time. I can't imagine why it took us so long to finally go? We hiked to the Emerald Pools, Weeping Rock, along the Virgin River to the mouth of the narrows, and saw many of the gorgeous sights- like Caleb's favorite Checkerboard Mesa. My favorite hike was the Canyon Overlook trail. Caleb cracked me-up, for such a cautious little man he was a total dare-devil hiker!! There were a few rather intimidating drop-offs where I had to insist he take my hand. It ends high above the canyon- wall right over the Zion Arch (which of-course you can't see when you are standing on it!!) The next day when we went through the tunnel and got out into the light I could see where we had been standing and I was thinking"We took our kids up there!" I pointed it out to Cal and he was speechless. We stayed at the Zion Mountain resort- posh!!!! We splurged since this was a big deal vacation. Two master suites with the works, a family room area, dining and small kitchen- gorgeous. And it sits on a Buffalo ranch just to the East entrance of the park. Ellie's favorite thing was the "Baby Bath" which turns out is a deep soaking tub with a bubble jets along the bottom. I think she took 5 baths in two days!! We all lounged a bit, talked a lot and got some much needed rest from the outside world. I loved taking pictures- so scenic, but even the best photos can't do it justice- you really need to be there in person!!

2 comments:

JP Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JP Anderson said...

That sounds SOOO fun! That is right up Felicia's and my alley. We are hoping to do something similar to that with Em and Shawn before they leave us. Did you take that picture? That's amazing!