Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Something to Think About

Lately I've had lots of things to think about and lots of time to think about them. 9 days of the flu keeps a person thinking. Today I am officially feeling like I can move. Boy am I glad for that- since the countdown to triahlon number one is 4 DAYS!! This past weekend Scott and I attended my Uncle Jack's funeral. It was such a sweet experience to hear my dad share life stories from their childhood. It gave me a renewed respect and deeper love for him. He is really quite the public speaker with perfect comic timing. I loved the moment he announced " I didn't really like Madge much..... (long pause) because she took my best friend away. But, then I grew to like her and even love her. Aunt Madge is my uncle's wife. It was a very emotional day- with highs and lows. I loved hearing taps played at Uncle jacks graveside and I loved seeing Terri rip a "Grand Canyon" sized slit into her skirt. I was touched by the sight of my Dad standing alone watching the only brother he was priveleged to know in life, be buried. How glad I am to still have hugs.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I am so glad you're finally feeling better. I can't wait to come cheer you on to victory. What a fantastic weekend we had last week. This is why blogging is so fantastic- we can share photos and deep thoughts and personal insight and learn so much from and about each other.

JP Anderson said...

Yeah, keep it up Ging! Blogging is great for all the same reasons Amy said. It is one of the things I look forward to everyday. You can express yourself easier and sometimes better when you write it down. I really feel like I've gotten to know my family better through the blogvine.

Jen said...

thanks for the post Ging! I'm so glad your all sharing your pictures from the funeral and thoughts - I really feel like I missed out and I'm glad I get to hear all of your memories from it! Keep up the blogging - it's so fun! Love ya, JEN