I Like to think of myself as a fairly strong-willed person. Hmm. I wonder what those of you who know me would say to that? Recently, I insisted that I would NOT turn on my new Power Mac nor would I proceed with this obsession called Blogging, until I had cleaned out my den. (Now there's a story for another day). Two Saturdays ago- I decided I had earned the right to turn on the Power Mac, but did I really have time to blog? My sister Amy has prodded and teased and even whined (sorry Amy,but you did) for who knows how long. So today, when it is obvious at least to me that I am still much too busy for this kind of recreation, I gave in. I hope this will help alleviate some of the guilt I feel at not having written in my journal for pretty much 20 years. Huh, why was that again? My attempts at keeping records during that time have been sketchy at best. Today I ran acrossed a sheet of funny things Ike & Kenz had said in 1992. I was so thrilled that I had written the dates and comments down. Here's is one from Isaac in early 1991 at 2 1/2 years: (Sigh) "Mom,can I use the car?" In a few weeks he will send in his mission papers, and yes he does borrow the car. I think maybe I do have time after all to capture some of those moments on paper and not just photo paper... Thanks Amy, for making me do this.
4 comments:
I found you again. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's hit and miss for me. Thought I'd leave a little comment here. Love the shelfari, but I mostly love Ike's picture. How cute is that.
Wow, were you surprised that Mom left a comment? Ha Ha! So, Mom had me looking up something on her e-mail and then I didn't log out and went to your blog and left a comment and so it posted as Mom. Sorry bout that. It was just me Amy.
AND AGAIN, SORRY!
WOW , I was totally thinking that MOM posted on your blog and then i read it and new that it's Amy just posting as one of her many alias names! I'm so glad you finally started up your blog it's about time girl! Cute pic of IKE!
Post a Comment