Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What a Feast!

Last week I finally had a friend with me after years of attending Women's Conference pretty much all alone (Aside from one year with most of my sisters and one year with a few hours of Terri). I've enjoyed it that way though, it's given me a lot of pondering time. This year, I had more time for discussion,... oh and laughter, lots more laughter. 












This year McKenzie was finally NOT a student somewhere and so she was my date. It was a fabulous conference as always, and I heard things I needed to hear and know and feel. Thursday Scott packed us a lunch and except for some much needed lounging on the grass outside of the Marriot Center, we spent the day inside learning from some master teachers.














We saw some people we know......



Carol is the new 1st Counselor in the General Relief Society Presidency and my mom's former visiting teacher, so... I get a hug every year. 










Later we made a comical attempt at completing just one backpack in the service project. 


We didn't.













 *McKenzie found particular joy in this event.







* This is a false statement...









After we were adequately exhausted we went out and had AMAZING Indian Food on Thursday Night. No pictures- too busy eating.








The next day we met some new friends...








By the way I have never worn jeans to conference before and of course I had to put them on along with a big puffy shirt to meet Sister Dalton. Of course. 


*McKenzie really was delighted by this moment. She truly cherishes Sister Dalton and her messages.
I was so glad there was a BYU photographer there to snap this photo since I had remembered to bring my camera but left my CF card at home. Genius photographer.
*This statement is utterly true




After the first few talks we took a break from conference to attend Ellie's Spring Concert at Cascade Elementary. She was very anxious and excited to have those she had invited attend. She had a Chinese speaking part and sung her heart out- but she would rarely look over at Kenzie and I. 




Too much stage fright I suppose.















 I feel so blessed to have Spent two days with some of the women (and girls) that I cherish the very most in this world.










4 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you got to hang out together - sounds like you had lots of fun. Happy to help support the tradition!

Anonymous said...

I went to Womens' Conference and did not see one soul that I know. Usually I run into somebody familiar. But oh how I loved the classes. Sounds and looks like you had a great time.

JP Anderson said...

Looks like you had plenty of fun. Not too hard to do with Kenz by your side I'm sure.

Jen said...

FUN! One day I will come with you - one day!