Caleb doesn't mess around at all. If he is interested in something he eats, sleeps and breathes it, and so do we. He was awarded his Bear advancement in Cub Scouts this past week. He was put in the Bear Den in January and was already working on the requirements. His Den Leader said he was the fastest advancement that she'd ever seen. Surprise Surprise. He has been taking piano lessons from my sister Amy for a about three months now too. He has decided to work from the Childrens Songbook when he finishes his self-mandated 50 minutes of practice every day. I kid you not, his rendition of I Am a Child of God is better than mine. I know it's not saying much, but he has been playing for 12 weeks people. I am being raised by my 9 year-old.
I think I might turn out better the second time.
I think I might turn out better the second time.

7 comments:
ahh he's getting too big!
He's keeping things lively...along with the other foreigner we live with - always something crazy about to break out!
My goodness I could use some Caleb tenacity.
BEAUTIFUL!!! I LOVE IT! Love your blog picture of the flag, love the name of your post, and love the inspiration it ignites! Soon I will join you and have a Bear at our house, who plays the piano ;)
(I'll pray for the self instigated 50 min. practice!)
What a kid!!
Self-motivated people motivate me to be more self-motivated. What a kid!
What a blessing this sweet boy is! :) and when you do go down south, say the word! I'll gladly give you directions for our hike/swimming hole! It was very easy to find and only 10 minutes from downtown
Post a Comment