Monday, January 11, 2010

Just give me the highlights

Dec 21st- Cal turned eight years-old and accountable (in his words).


Dec 23rd- Family Christmas party- First time I have seen Em in three years. Brief, but great.
NO PICTURES- FORGOT TO PUT BATTERIES IN MY CAMERA.

The traditional Christmas Eve photograph. I always sneek down to the tree after Santa has come and take a few photos. It's always a peaceful beautiful sight which makes me a bit melancholy that the magic of the day is about to come and go all too quickly.
Dec 25th. Christmas Day. Best gifts: Speaking to our son for the first time in 7 months. Caleb receiving a bible from Grandma Great with words she inscribed specifically for him not long before she passed away. This was a very tender moment for us. Caleb celebrated every gift with equal enthusiasm, whether it was a sweater or a toy. He also insisted on wearing the lense-less blue glasses Grandma Bonnie gave him, all day. Scott finally got a warm coat after 4 1/2 years in Utah and nothing but a corduroy jacket.He wore it around the house all day until I basted the Turkey and his coat in the process. I am simply grateful that it is water and turkey-drippings repellent. I was given a Wii Fit by Dad Livingston. My best Christmas wish came true- after 3 years of triathlon training my Wii fit age is 54.
McKenzie is ever the even-tempered child. I think she liked all of her gifts equally. No crazy hooping or hollering from this one. Next year I am getting her a megaphone.Like mine.It took well over an hour and a half for most of us to open our gifts, but poor Ellie finished in record time and kept looking for more to un-wrap. Kenz and Cal have caught on to the joy of "taking it slow" It turns out- so did I, we had dinner at 8 p.m. It was delicious, perhaps because we were all starving.
I love my stocking it is a highlight every year. It always holds unexpected surprises and notes of love. Sorry everyone, but it turns out that Santa likes me best

Dec 31st- New Years Eve with the Andersons. Apples to Apples and Crab Legs. Good combo. P.S. Mom and Dad got their revenge and beat me and Kenz at Scrabble. John and Felicia whomped us all. Sniff


Jan 1st- McKenzie turned 20. Wait- stop right there.
Nooooo! Okay I feel better.

Mom & Dad Livingston arrive to celebrate the big events. This is the most serious photo of the 10 I took to get one that was decent. Such willing subjects, as always.Jan 2nd -Caleb is baptized. He waited and prepared so anxiously for this day. He takes this commitment very seriously. We love you Cal and couldn't be happier. The sweet spirit confirmed what we have known all along, you are a very special person. Our family was so supportive, traveling from Oregon, Idaho and various Utah Cities. We had a great meal after wards. The day will be a high-water mark on the
"Highlights of Life Calendar".

Ashley, Michael, Madison and Riley stay for the day. It is always a treat for me to have family in our home. It comes and goes too quickly. We love each of you for making life what it is- full of love and hope and people to care for.

Watch for the following up-coming highlights in 2010-2011:
Scott starts a new job with Stearns Lending
Ellie turns 5!!
McKenzie gets employed
LOST- final season begins.
Scott surprises me with a very romantic Valentines date.
My E-bay merchandise is G-O-N-E
Ginger runs the RAGNAR

Scott is published- watch and wait
Elder Livingston returns from Ohio, Cinicinnati Mission
We take a trip to Disneyland
Isaac starts college, Caleb 3rd grade and
Ellie finally gets to start kindergarten
McKenzie prepares to send in her paperwork for a full-time mission, or gets engaged and/or starts her Senior year in college.

There is more but I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone- especially me. The unknown is part of the fun but it is good to have some vision.


9 comments:

KimnSam said...

Wow, what a lot to catch up on! Thanks for the informative/witty post! There's so much to comment on so I'm limiting it to:
A- Your tree is BEAUTIFUL
B- What a priveledge to get grandma's last hand-written in Bible!
C- I love your predictions for the coming year!
so fun.

Unknown said...

You're so awesome - guess I better get to work on the Valentine's Day thing...but no pressure, right?

Can't wait for the adventures ahead.

And to live them together, holding hands.

GREAT post! One of your best ever (which is saying somethin', woman!)

Amy said...

Sounds like your Christmas holiday was wonderful. I love your look ahead to the new year. It will be a good one for the Livingston's. Love you guys.

Keni said...

Great update!

And I can't wait for LOST!!

Anonymous said...

So...I'm getting engaged? To whom?

Jen said...

Sorry I missed it all! Love you guys and I look forward to the future posts of things to come! I think I will anticipate a romatic valentines day and hope my hubby reads it too!

shawn rowley said...

this really was the best christmas so far....

happy and prosperous new year..

JP Anderson said...

Great post Ging! It was great to be able to spend time with you and your family on New Years Eve. Caleb's baptism was so worth staying awake for (I had been up for 30 hrs. Not bored. Just for future reference when you read back on this.) What a great finish to a challenging year for all of us.

Em said...

I loved the wrapup Ging. So many lovely things. I too wish I had my camera available for the Christmas party. (I wish someone who did would share. hint hint). And what I love most is your 2010 predictions! I'm excited for you. :) I'm so glad that Scott has a new position and I hope it works out for him and that your Wii age is 54. super fantastic.