Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Lucky Numbers
Yesterday turned out to be a day full of lucky numbers. At about 4:30 in the morning I woke up and I knew my son was getting ready to leave the MTC.... A gift from heaven I think. At 7:40 a.m. Scott answered the phone with a simple, chipper "Good Morning!" and I knew...I said "That's my boy, isn't it?" and it was!! We talked for 40 minutes and 15 seconds and then I said " I LOVE LOVE LOVE you!" and he was on a plane headed for Ohio. At 9:10 my BYU-I Freshman called on her first day of class just to say "Hi Mom" and we spent the next 15 minutes talking about almost nothing at all- and it was awesome. Then I dialed my Mom and Amy's numbers- also lucky. I love talking to them and hearing their joy in my joy and the funny stories that seem to be our lives. At 3:26 p.m. Wendy called to chat, to listen and to share- thanks Wendy. A surprise call from Ohio came around 4:00 p.m. informing me that my missionary had arrived safely with 14 other new missionaries! "He has been fed and he is in a meeting and we're taking good care of him." Sister Stevens related. Smile. At 4:30 p.m. I called that Oregon number I've known for 21 years and visited with my other mother and father in Oregon. I had to share the singular events of this day with them. We had such a nice visit as we always do. Scott brought in the mail when he got home-(hey I was busy on the phone all day), There in the mail was the 5th letter of congratulations and love to my daughter from her thoughtful and clever Aunt Terri. At around 5:40 p.m. I dialed another lucky number,on the other end was the exhausted new mother of the new heavyweight champion of the newborn nursery, Mr 9 lb 13 oz. Gavin Holyoak- congratulations Jen and Jared. What a great day full of lucky numbers. There are days when I can honestly say I really hate my phone- today it was love all the way!! Incidentally, Ellie already believes that the sole purpose of my cell phone is to make and receive calls to McKenzie. Hmm- she just might be right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
that was an heartwarming synopsis
of a perfect day!
That does sound like a great day! I'm so happy for you and how gracefully things are maturing at the Livingston residents. See, change has it's good sides too.
ps. thanks for letting me know that Jenny's baby's name in Gaven and not Daven Dean. I just called him Double D on Jen's blog.
Reading your writing gives me a chance to rediscover how insightful and expressive you are. I learn so much from you. What a blessing...
Post a Comment